There will not be a Wednesday Night Worship stream on the church Facebook page tonight. Colton’s grandmother, Sharon Barrett, recently passed away. The funeral was today, June 10. Please pray for the Potter family.
We are currently live on the Facebook page for Wednesday Night Worship!
In my last post I recommended the wearing of face coverings as we begin meeting again in person this Sunday in accordance with the state Revised Guidance For Places of Worship. Let me emphasize that this is a recommendation, not a requirement. No one will be turned away at the door without a mask or be forced to put one on before entering the building.
Sorry if I caused any confusion. See you Sunday,
I trust you are finding God’s grace sufficient for whatever circumstances you are in, whether you are going back to work, working from home, or trying to keep kids safe and productive under quarantine. In years to come we will look back on this season as another chapter in a very long story of God’s faithfulness.
As you probably know, Governor Holcomb has lifted the restrictions on churches holding in-person worship services beginning this Sunday, May 10. Family Bible Church will be open for our worship service at 10:30 AM this Sunday. However, the State of Indiana has issued Revised Guidance for Places of Worship with recommendations to keep people safe as our churches resume meeting in person. Here are a few specific ways we will be applying that guidance at FBC.
- We will continue to livestream our service on our Facebook page. If you are 65 or older, or have an underlying at-risk health condition, let me encourage you to stay home and join us online until health officials advise otherwise. We love you and miss you, but want you to be safe.
- Our seating for worship has been spread out to allow six feet in between rows. Most of the rows are divided into sections of 5 or 7 chairs. Please allow 3 empty chairs or comparable distance in between families in the same row.
- We are working to augment the one large bottle of hand sanitizer we have in the building. Supply is limited in the area and it would be a good idea to bring some with you for your family until we can provide more.
- In keeping with the recommendations, please bring a face covering for each member of your family and wear it when in the building. I will not be wearing one when I preach, nor will any worship team members who are singing. But until I stand to preach, I will be wearing a face mask. I am learning that people’s opinions on such measures vary widely, are sometimes strongly held, and can even become a tool of the enemy to divide believers. For the time being, as we don our face coverings each week, let them remind us of our mutual love and concern for one another.
- We will not be serving coffee, though feel free to bring your own.
- Our nursery will be available to parents with small children, but will not be staffed with volunteers until further notice. If your child gets restless during the service, feel free to make use of the nursery.
- We will not be passing anything down the rows.
- Bulletins will be available at the kitchen window.
- We will be taking communion this Sunday. We will have individually prepackaged communion elements available on a table as you make your way to your seats. Please take enough for your family before service begins. Or if you prefer, feel free to bring your own elements to use when we take communion together.
- A single offering basket will be available at the kitchen window. We will not be “taking an offering” during the service, but encourage you to continue worshiping the Lord through your giving either online through our website, by mail at:
Family Bible Church
PO Box 3891
Evansville IN 47737-3891
or by simply dropping your contribution in the basket at the kitchen window before or after church.
Though the COVID 19 virus will undoubtedly change some practices that have been common among us, I do not anticipate the need to keep most of these measures in place forever. In fact, I’m sure of it. In heaven we will embrace with no fear of transmitting any disease because there will no longer be any such thing. Until then we learn and adapt to ever-changing circumstances and rejoice in a God who never changes.
I will look forward to seeing most of you Sunday, and seeing all of you soon.
Last week, we posted concerning supplies that our church can provide for the Rescue Mission to help feed many people in need of food. Those supplies are listed again below:
- styrofoam clam shell containers
- small brown/white paper bags
- plastic utensil packs (fork, spoon, knife, salt & pepper, napkin)
Initially, we said to bring supplies by this Wednesday (4/29), but we now are hoping to have a Rescue Mission driver come pick up supplies this Friday (5/1). Please bring supplies before Friday if you plan on doing so. Contact us to set a time to deliver the items to the church building.
Some have found the specified supplies at Sam’s Club and at Gordon Food Service Store.
There was just a post sent regarding the high school zoom meeting this coming Sunday (4/26) at 6:30pm. Please disregard that zoom meeting information. Here is the accurate meeting info:
Meeting ID: 812 1720 3107
This Sunday (4/26) at 6:30 pm we will have a high school Zoom call! Here is the information to join the meeting.
Meeting ID: 859 8111 8585
John will share a devotion and we’ll play a game. The game requires the use of another device that has internet connection. That may be a laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
One device will connect to the zoom call and the other will be used to access a free online game sight. Siblings can share a device for the game if more than one person joins per household. If finding another device to use is a problem, then let me know and we can figure out a different game.
Hope you will join!