Yesterday you probably got the post about Sunday school. You might also be aware our home fellowship groups are starting up next week as well. If you are not aware, these groups meet once a month at someone’s home. They will have a pitch-in dinner together and eat together for an hour or so and then they will start discussing a sermon from that Sunday or a previous Sunday.
The main purpose of the home fellowship groups is to foster friendship and love for each other. We hope this gives you a great opportunity to meet and get to know people that you worship with on Sunday. A list of the home fellowship groups is below. Let us know or talk to the hosts if you want to sign up for one. If you want more information, feel free to call, text, email, or talk with me on Sunday. My contact info is below.
Keith & Lorelai Findley
Sunday nights at 5:00
Ken & Kristi Hansen
Tuesday nights at 6:00
Scott & Kristine Cordts
Sunday nights at 5:30
Glenn & Susan Seger
Sunday nights at 5:00
As you probably know, Sunday school is starting this Sunday. We will have classes for adults, high schoolers, middle schoolers, and kids of all ages. All classes will start at 9:30. People will be available to assist if you need help finding out where each class is.
The elders, along with Pastor Colin and myself, hope and trust that you will make Sunday school a priority for you and your family. God has called us as leaders to set up opportunities for you to grow in your worship and knowledge of Jesus Christ and your love for fellow church members. We pray you take it as serious as we do. We look forward to seeing you on Sunday at 9:30.
Noel and Patricia Miller will be at church on Sunday to give us an update on their family and missionary work in Europe. They will also be staying after church for lunch so that we can hear more from them. We ask that you bring a side or dessert as well as drinks for your family. Please make time on Sunday to stay after church to fellowship with your church family and learn how God is fulfilling His promise to bring the Gospel to the nations.
We wanted to remind you about the women’s service opportunity for Monday. They will meet at the Evansville Rescue Mission at 11:30 and serve lunch from 12:00-1:00. Then they will drive to the Susan H. Snyder Women and Children’s Center to eat a boxed lunch from the Granola Jar and learn about the upcoming center. They should be done by 2:15. Please let Brenda Kerr (812-453-9515) or Ellen Grimm (812-453-2412) know if you will be able to attend.
Hey all. Come join the FBC ladies for another service opportunity. It is on July 24 (this coming Monday). They will meet at the Evansville Rescue Mission at 11:30 and serve lunch from 12:00-1:00. Then they will drive to the Susan H. Snyder Women and Children’s Center to eat a catered lunch together and learn about the upcoming center. They should be done by 2:15. Please let Brenda Kerr (812-453-9515) or Ellen Grimm (812-453-2412) know if you will be able to attend.
Just wanted to clarify a couple things about the previous post about the Family Olympics that is happening this Sunday.
- We are meeting at the Findley’s house. They live at 6088 Schultz Road in Elberfeld. Make sure your GPS says Elberfeld when your heading that way.
- It looks like Sunday will be a hot day so we are hoping it will cool down by the 5:00 start time. Most of the games will be water games so that should help. Please dress accordingly as you will get at least a little wet. The Findley’s have also offered their pool for us to use so plan for that if you want to swim.
- I have already have a couple families tell me they are coming but do not plan to participate in the games. We want everyone to come, no matter if you’re playing or not.
- Just a reminder to let me know if you’re coming, whether you are participating in the games or not. It will help with our pizza order as well as planning our activities for the day. See the previous post for the ways to let us know.
Thanks again. I’m looking forward to it.
Once again, we are having our Family Olympics THIS SUNDAY!!! That’s July 16. The opening ceremonies will start at 5:00 where we will be Italian and eat pizza. The games will begin about 5:45 and should last an hour, maybe an hour and a half. Afterward, there will be some time to hang out and/or swim.
Keith and Lorelai Findley have been gracious enough to open their property to us. Their address is 6088 Schultz Road.
There will be a few things you will need to bring:
1. Drinks for your family (we will have water and lemonade)
3. Wear clothes to get wet in and bring swimsuits if you plan on swimming
4. Towels to dry off with
One other thing: SUPER IMPORTANT. It would be a huge help if we could know how many people to expect both for the pizza and planning of the games. Please tell us if you plan on attending and how many people will be with you. There are several ways to notify us: we will have a sign up sheet at church on Sunday, you can text Brent (812-455-6112) or email him (email@example.com), or write us a note by clicking on this link. https://familybiblechurch.us/contact-us-2/
We trust you all love being with your church family. Just like with your own family, silly and fun events like this can help us create memories with our church family. We hope to see you all there.
On July 16, we are having the “Family Olympics.” It will start sometime around 3:00 or 4:00. Each family will be competing in different events and there will be something for everyone, young and old. We will also need a cheering section too, so, if you don’t plan on competing, come sit in the shade and enjoy watching everyone else. This will be a great time and an awesome chance to continue building friendships with fellow church members. More info will be coming in another post next week so be watching for that.
The women’s ministry is having a pool day on Monday, June 26 (that is this Monday!!!). It is from 10:30-1:00 pm at the home of Ellen Grimm. The address is 14241 Petersburg Road. All women are invited and encouraged to bring kids of all ages. Bring your own lunch as well as towels and anything else you might need. For those not interested in swimming, join others in the shade and you won’t get splashed. As of now, there is a very low chance of rain but if it does rain the event will be cancelled. Text either Brenda Kerr (812-453-9515) or Sarah Aiton (812-499-5131) for a cancellation update or any other questions. Hope to see you this Monday!!!
In our sermon this past Sunday, Pastor Colin preached from 1 Thessalonians 3:12 which says “and may the Lord make you increase and abound in love for one another and for all.” To this end, we want to provide as many opportunities as possible for our church family to be together, get to know one another, fellowship with each other, and “increase and abound in love for one another.” We have two church events this week that will help us flesh out this call from Scripture.
- The women’s ministry is having a get together on Thursday, June 22. It will be a great chance for you to get to know Brooke Griffin (Brent’s wife) and fellowship with other women. They are meeting at the church at 5:45. They will be having a salad bar for dinner; the church will provide lettuce and salad dressings and you are asked to bring a salad topping. Please let Sarah Aiton (812-499-5131) or Brenda Kerr (812-453-9515) know if you are coming and what you will bring.
- There is a breakfast this Sunday morning at 9:30. Please come hungry as there will enough food for everyone. There is no need to RSVP and you don’t need to bring anything either. There is nothing that gets me ready to worship the Lord more than fellowshipping with his people beforehand.